Tuesday, May 15

MBFWA Day 5


 Raffles International Design Showcase - Winson Tan
 Raffles International Design Showcase - Gabriel Lee
Ollie Henderson modelling for Akira Isogawa
Kaila Hart modelling for Akira Isogawa
Akira Isogawa
 Bless'ed Are The Meek
 
nANA jUDY and Amy Meredith
DAY 5! I have finally pulled myself together and am writing my last MBFWA photo diary post! I know it has taken me over a week to write this up, but I feel like I have been stuck feeling nostalgic of that blissful, unrealistic week and struggling to let it all go. It almost feels like I was asleep where my mind was set in fantasy mode for the whole week. I still cannot grab a hold of the fact that I actually had the opportunity to attend Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week! Aside from that, Day 5 was the longest and most full-on day which resulted in me being too lazy to scroll through the 900 photos and choose the best. But here they are!
My morning began with Winson Tan who opened the Raffles International Design Showcase with his rainforest inspired prints. I could barely control myself as I gasped over the incredible lightning bolt chiselled heels and extravagant head pieces that covered the model's faces. Gabriel Lee was the other distinct designer, during the Raffles Showcase who brought clean cut tailored men style garments cleverly transforming them to look very feminine and summer chic. 
Next was the overly inspiring Akira Isogawa who believes "a garment can transcend, giving it a soul", which always whispers through my head as I see his garments. And yet again in his S/S 2012/13 collection, his bold colourful florals and romantic white silks were brought to life. If you haven't yet noticed throughout this week, there has been a big consistency of me snapping away photos of both Ollie Henderson and Kaila Hart, so I decided to recognise them this time as they always looks so flawless and have especially presented the garments perfectly for Akira Isogawa at The Box. 
Bless'ed Are The Meek were the next show for the afternoon who opened with an incredible misty lightshow which resembled the cloud and the reflection of the sea. The theme seemed to be inspired by sea creatures with flowy dresses, creative cut-outs, shell appliqués and underwater prints.
The last show for the week was nANA jUDY who had Amy Meredith play alongside! I had been anticipating a great show for the past two weeks before MBFWA, when I had first received my invitation to the show. I could not have thought of a better way to end my week than to see one of my favourite Australian bands play next to a bunch of good looking models in classic trendy day wear. This was probably my favourite show of the week just due to the upbeat vibe and relaxed environment. Or maybe I'm just being extremely bias because I love Amy Meredith... Either way, I thought it was a fun show and completed my week on a delightful note!
Finally, I HAVE A PHOTO WITH RUMI NEELY. So I met Rumi from Fashion Toast on the last day, as I finally (after 4 days of fan girl-ism) bucked up the courage to say hi. Isn't she perfect? I look so derp next to her with my over-excited smile. Unfortunately, I never got the courage to speak to Susie Lau from Style Bubble but I'm still happy to say I was about 2 metres from her. WEEW!
MBFWA you were perfect! Belated outfit posts coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! HAHA Bless'ed Are The Meek looks kind of amazing! Love that and the photo with Rumi is awesome! I like the lok of Gabriel Lee as well. Too good Kat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha the rumi thing is so cute. Wishing we went to Susie's talk though! Our friend actually saw her randomly walking around the city, LUCKY THANG

    ReplyDelete